Monday, October 22, 2012

Blessed

I am blessed beyond measure. 

I know what you're thinking - April, you've gone and gotten all sappy on us.  Maybe you're right, maybe I have, but you know what?  I'm ok with that.

We don't take enough time to be blessed any more.  You read that right, it's not a typo.  We have to take time to be blessed.  If we just blow things off they aren't a blessing, are they?  They're a convience, an annoyance, or worse not even acknowledged.  How can we ask for blessings if we don't appreciate the ones we have now?

I am blessed beyond measure.

I have a husband who loves me, who comes home to me faithfully each night.  He honors me, respects me, makes me laugh, and is my hero. 

I have three beautiful children who annoy me, drive me crazy, makes me laugh, makes me cry, turn my hair gray and never fail to make me appreciate life.

I have a home, with electricity, running water, insulated walls, a garage for a school room, a yard for my kids to play in and a space to park my cars.

I have two cars to help make life easier so we do not have to stay home all the time, so that my husband does not have to stress about his kids making it to their doctors appointments.

I have food, more than enough.  My children have never known hunger.  I have never known hunger. 

I have clothing appropriate for the weather, more than enough, as do my children. 

I am blessed beyond measure.

With those blessings come responsibilities...I have laundry to do, clothes to wash, kiddos to wrangle, a house to clean, bills to pay, and annoyances to keep up with. 

I hope you, my friend, look around and see what you have been blessed beyond measure with, no matter the annoyances that you think come with it. 

I believe that you, too, are blessed beyond measure!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we are blessed! Just taking a moment to look around and acknowledge it gives you a better mind set... and reminds you who to thank for your blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete